Sunday, September 16, 2012


Organic Three Flour Waffles Makes Approx. 6 Waffles
1 ¾ C. Raw Milk
3 Free Range Eggs
¼ C. Organic Olive Oil or Organic Applesauce
1 t. Sea Salt
½ C. Organic Rye Flour*
½ C. Organic Millet Flour**
1 C. Organic Spelt Flour***
2 t. Aluminum Free Baking Powder

I adapted this recipe from the one in my Blendtec® recipe book. I try not to use white flour, even if it is organic, unless I feel the recipe really really needs it for results. And this one doesn’t, so I made my own blend. These flours together have a very nice consistency and a golden colored result. And, the critics love ‘em! I whipped them up for breakfast this morning and made a double batch to freeze. Think I’ll do the rye pancakes next…Oh yeah, I've been using applesauce a lot as a substitute for oil in my baking recipes. It works great and seems to give more elasticity. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Put all ingredients in your blender as listed. Turn on and viola! No separating eggs. And no sugar. They are amazing! Let me know what you think. The batter is super runny but I have not had a problem with it. At first I thought they wouldn't raise but as you can see they work great. I love homemade peanut butter on my waffles also, yum! Happy Baking!
*Rye - Triggers lower insulin response than wheat. High in fiber.
**Millet - High in nutrients. Gluten Free. Easy to digest. Does not ferment in the stomach. Nearly alkaline.
***Spelt - High in nutrients. Nearly alkaline. Non-hybridized so many people with wheat intolerance can eat it.
(There are many other benefits to eating whole grains. Just google any of them and see for yourself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment