Monday, August 13, 2012

Organic Cheese Pizza


Organic Cheese Pizza
1 C. Very Warm Water – but not hot or you will kill the yeast.
2 t. Yeast – Heaping!                                                     
1 T. Organic Sugar or Raw Honey
In a bowl, combine these three ingredients adding the water last so the yeast and sugar mix a little. Cover in a warm spot and let grow. About 10 – 15 minutes.

 1 t. Sea Salt
2-3 C. Organic All Purpose Flour
Add 1 t. sea salt and 2-3 C. organic all purpose flour to the yeast mixture. Add only as much flour as needed to make a nice dough. Knead for a few minutes ‘til the dough forms a nice soft ball.

½ + C. Tomato Sauce (depending on preference)
2 C. Raw Mild Cheddar Cheese
Spread dough on baking stone with a rolling pin. (I love using my baking stones. Makes excellent baked goods!) Top with tomato sauce and cheese. Bake in a 415° oven for about 15 minutes. My oven cooks hot so you may need to set your oven at 420° or 425°. Just check and see if the crust is done. Take out of oven, slice and enjoy!



We only have leftovers if I make two pizzas. I like to make a kid pizza with just the cheese and an adult pizza with anything and everything else I can think of to top it: red onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, raw hamburger, pineapple, etc. Maybe not all at once but you get the picture. Have fun with it. I love Sonnet Farms® Raw Mild Cheddar. I have only found this brand of cheese in one local store, The Good Earth. It melts nicely on the pizza. You may need a little more cheese depending on your preference. Neighbors love this as well. I’ve not had anyone say it was bad.



I used to roll out the dough, let it rise and then top it and bake at 350°. But, I watched my girlfriend make hers and she didn’t raise the dough. The extra hot oven does it and you don’t have to wait, praying for your crust to rise first. Nice tip!
I have baking stones from Pampered Chef and one was given to me but I don't know where it was purchased. I love how all of them work. I also gave one as a gift from Bed Bath & Beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment