Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Meatloaf

MEATLOAF 
      
2 + lbs Grass Fed Beef  (I used about 2 ¼)
¾ C. Raw Milk
2 C. Soft Bread Crumbs
¼ C. Onion, Finely Chopped
1 t. Sea Salt
1 t. Oregano or Basil (Or a mix of both)
2 Eggs, beaten

Topping:
½ C. Catsup
4 T. Brown Sugar
2 t. Dry Mustard

Preheat oven to 350˚.  Beat the eggs, then add all ingredients in one large bowl and mix with your hands. Go ahead, dig in! It’s much easier to mix this way, but I know some people can’t handle raw meat. Place mixture in a 2 quart baking dish and press out slightly to fit in the pan. This will shrink from the edges during baking, so I like to have it as close to the edge as possible. That’s just my personal preference. You make like it in one huge mountainous heap! So, bake for 1 hour 10 minutes and remove from oven. Spread topping over entire top and put back in the oven. Bake for another 10 minutes. Let stand a few minutes before serving. Oh yeah I almost forgot. The last time I made this I forgot the onions and my family loved  it even better than before. So, even without the onion it has a lot of great flavor and one less ingredient to worry about. Sounds good to me!
Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment