Monday, May 21, 2012

Chicken Chili With Gluten Free Cornbread

We were having a crowd over for my daughter’s birthday. I wanted something easy, filling and some kind of comfort food. I’d never tried a chicken chili before so I got this recipe from my girlfriend. It was a hit!
Chicken Chili
1 Can Organic Black Beans - Drained
1 Can Organic Kidney Beans - Drained
1 Can Organic Pinto Beans - Drained
1 – 10 oz Bag Frozen Corn (I forgot to put this in.)
2 C. Organic Chicken Broth (I used some I had frozen from previously boiling chicken.)
1 Jar Organic Salsa - Medium
2 C. Cooked Organic Chicken - Shredded
4 oz. Organic Tomato Sauce
1 t. Organic Garlic (I love to use garlic cloves squeezed through the press, mmm garlic.)
1 t. Organic Cumin
1 T. Chili Powder (I did not use this. The salsa was plenty chili enough for all.)
Grated Raw Mild Cheddar Cheese

Put all ingredients, except the cheese, in a large stock pot and heat up. Yum! Serve with grated cheese on top and a side of cornbread. My family and I love Sonnet Farms brand raw cheese. The raw mild cheddar melts nicely, even on pizza; the raw sharp cheddar does not. The raw jalapeno monterey jack is way yummy also, especially if you like a little spice ! See below for cornbread recipe.

 
Gluten Free Cornbread
2 C. Cornmeal                                                              
1 ½ t. Aluminum Free Baking Powder                         
1 t. Sea Salt
Sift together first three ingredients.
2 Range Free Eggs
1 ½ C. Raw Milk
2 T. Organic Olive Oil, Coconut Oil or Palm Oil
Mix last three ingredients well.

Mix together and pour into a well greased pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. My oven cooks hot so it doesn’t take the entire 20 minutes for mine to bake. This is a little denser cornbread, or maybe you wouldn’t have noticed had I not mentioned it, but it’s quite good. My family doesn’t know the difference and I love that it’s gluten free. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment